Brief History of the N10

The National 10 class was originally known as the Turnabout class, built in 1953 by Harold R. Turner as a small, wooden single of double handed dinghy class. The boats, often built by “do it yourselfers” in garages, were originally a junior training boat. ┬áIn 1972 the turnabout class formally changed its name to the “National 10” class. The class is now up to 4,200 boats and is a truly solid and competitive junior and senior class sailboat.